I'm tired of snow....
I know we live in a country that typically gets plenty of snow every year but this year has been ridiculous!
So, to combat my snow sadness, I made soup. Good ol' chicken soup.
This is something that should be in everyone's recipe repertoire as it is:
1. crazy easy
2. totally tummy-soothing and cold-curing
3. a great way to get the most moist cooked chicken for chicken sandwiches
4. a no brainer to get some chicken stock in your freezer.
Alright, so it does need some time to cook. It's a no-brainer thing to do while you are doing weekend chores at home, but you can also start it when you are cleaning your dinner dishes and finish it the next day...
...so you can have hot soup...
...while you are shoveling snow....
2. As it cooks, the impurities from the chicken will float to the top (it will look kinda gross - all foamy and everything - so you can just use a large spoon to scoop it away). Don't worry if you don't get it all because it will just add to the flavour.
7. Serve immediately to get that tummy warming goodness!
Maybe I'll just wait until May...it should all melt by then :)