A perfect excuse to bake...because who wants to throw away a container of yogurt (that you bought because you wanted to get into a bikini and you vowed to eat it every morning with fruit), when you can make this?
3 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c butter at room temp
1 1/2 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c plain yogurt or sour cream
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sliced almonds (you can use any nuts you like...just chop them)
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease a 9x13" pan or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until it's fluffy and almost white. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
5. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture and combine again.
6. In a small bowl, mix almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon
7. Pour 1/2-2/3 batter into prepared pan (it is thick so you will have to smooth it our so it covers most of the bottom of the pan
8. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Spoon the rest of the mixture (a tbsp at a time) to cover the nut mixture. USe a butter knife to smooth out the top mixture. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes until sides are browning and middle is firm.
10. Enjoy warm or cool completely and wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and freeze for the future!